Volume 12 - Number 1, Spring 2013

Paraclete: in Greek "one who comes alongside in order to help."




Back to the complete Spring Edition.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

What it’s Like to Serve as a Paraclete Associate...

“My first Paraclete retreat was a unique experience because I felt instantly accepted.” – Stuart Rowell

“I find it very easy to work within Paraclete. It provides me the right amount of organizational support and encouragement without excessive constraints. Paraclete is unique as an organization because it is built around a posture of service (coming alongside) rather than a particular ministry strategy or vision.”
– David Bochman

“I have feelings of fulfillment when a project is completed and others are equipped to carry on their ministry.” – Larry Rus

“With Paraclete, you are able, under the mission, to develop your own mission ministry that comes out of your own calling, giftedness and the leading of the Holy Spirit, confirmed by the prayers and financial support of God’s own people.” – Carey Childrey

“In Paraclete, you work with a group of people who love God deeply and have expertise in a wide variety of specialty areas.” – Robin Brennan

“I am able to respond to invitations quickly, as well as initiate opportunities within the mission of Paraclete, because I am responsible for managing my own calendar.” – Jim Van Meter

“We have found freedom to follow the Lord in our own areas of giftedness and calling as part of a supportive community of like-minded servants of Jesus Christ.” – Doug and Candy Goins

“What I most enjoy about Paraclete is the freedom to serve the cause of world evangelization from a pivotal point in middle Europe.” – Dick Worden

“I like the goal-setting process that each associate must make for the coming year, and the way they are held accountable for the goals they set.” – Keith Butler

“Wow! Paraclete gives real freedom in the context of real accountability. You can’t go wrong with that!”
– Bill and Marty Sturdivant

“We all have multiple years of ministry experience, walk deeply with God and enjoy one another. Every time I sit with a Paraclete associate, I learn more about God and their area of expertise.” – Shelly Volkhardt

No comments: