Volume 12 - Number 1, Spring 2013

Paraclete: in Greek "one who comes alongside in order to help."




Back to the complete Spring Edition.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Linda Swanson

Our God, who doesn’t waste anything, is amazing! He has taken my history as a Mission Aviation Fellowship missionary, my experience at a retreat center for clergy, and my roles as a retreat speaker, writer, editor, spiritual director, and administrator and placed me with Paraclete to care for pastors, missionaries and people in my congregation.

I'm privileged to serve as a speaker and organizer at several retreats each year. My husband and I travel to Kalimantan, Indonesia, to speak at the annual MAF staff retreat. We lead marriage retreats for clergy and lay people, and I travel with Women of the Harvest to put on retreats for missionary women. As a writer and editor, I come alongside Paraclete, Link Care Center, Women of the Harvest and Metro Community Church to assist with newsletters, brochures, blogs and web site content. My blog, Journey in Process , gives me the opportunity to encourage and mentor women around the world. Spiritual direction is another component of my caring role. Skype and the Internet allow me to have significant conversations with missionary women. My home is a safe place to meet with women from my congregation.

God has blessed me with a place to serve that fits the gifts and experiences He has given me. I’m thankful for the people who pray and give so I can serve. What a wonderful God! What a wonderful team!

Donate to this ministry.

No comments: