Volume 12 - Number 1, Spring 2013

Paraclete: in Greek "one who comes alongside in order to help."




Back to the complete Spring Edition.

Friday, September 7, 2012

Pat Russell

In a city in China, women gather from various places for a weekend retreat. Though they do not know each other, they mutually desire a deeper connection to God and women who
are leaders in other Christian communities. For the next 18 months, they will leave family, work and ministry to meet regularly.

I’m part of a leadership team that guides and teaches these wonderful women. I desire to lead them into a more intimate relationship with Jesus so they will fully experience the depth of His love for them in every season and know how to care for their soul in the midst of their very busy, pressed lives. This is my work with Paraclete.

After a year and a half, the women have tools to strengthen their souls, and have deep friendships with other women. I do not minister to create a dependency, but to build them up in Christ. I pray they will be able to do the same for others. In the process, my own soul is encouraged by their courage
and openness to the work of Christ, no matter the cost.

No comments: